Michelin in joint venture with distribution specialist CFAO

LinkedIn +

Michelin has revealed plans to work with global distribution specialist CFAO to import and distribute premium quality tires in Kenya and Uganda.

Governance of the joint venture is equally divided by the two companies, with CFAO owning 51% of the JV and Michelin the remaining 49%. The JV will provide the two countries, which have a joint population of more than 90 million, with tires for cars, vans and light trucks. It will also import heavy goods vehicle, two-wheel, civil engineering and agricultural tires.

Michelin hopes to accelerate distribution of its high-end tires, and will continue to work with long-standing partners in Kenya and Uganda.

“The growth prospects of the African continent are immense. We want to offer Kenyan and Ugandan motorists and businesses the best of our technologies,” said Yves Chapot, member of the executive committee of Michelin, director of automotive business lines and regions, Asia, Africa, India and Middle East.

“It is with this ambition in mind that we are working with CFAO, whose expertise and commercial footprint on the continent will be two of the levers for the success of this partnership serving our East African customers.”

Share this story:

About Author


Rachel's career in journalism began around five years ago when she started working for UKi Media & Events, having recently graduated from Coventry University where she studied the subject. Her favourite aspect of the job is interviewing industry experts, including researchers, scientists, engineers and technicians, and learning more about the ground-breaking technologies and innovations that are shaping the future of the automotive and tire industries.

Comments are closed.