Market research specialists Smithers has released its latest report, All-Season vs Winter Tires to 2024: A State-of-the-Art Report, which examines a variety of trends affecting OEM and replacement all-season and winter tires.
The report identified the key performance parameters tire makers are focusing on for 2019-2024 and explored the potential of the top 20 technologies to achieve next-level performance, identifying the current state-of-the-art for each, their future evolution and their potential for impact globally.
The top 20 technologies assessed in the report are:
- 3D sipes;
- Advanced mixing;
- Advanced silanes;
- Bio-based oils;
- Carbon black – high surface area;
- Foam inserts;
- Hydrocarbon resins;
- Multi-layer tread compounds;
- Nd-polybutadiene rubber;
- Silica – high surface area;
- Silica – highly dispersable;
- Silica – low surface area;
- Silica – masterbatch;
- SSBR-end chain functionalized rubber;
- Terpene and terpene hydrocarbon resins;
- Thiocarboxolate silanes;
- Tread design;
- Virtual compound formulation;
- Virtual mixing;
- Virtual tire testing.
The full report is available here.