Video Exclusives


Michelin Vision concept

Sentury

This forward-looking concept is made from bio-sourced, biodegradable materials, using 3D printing.

Click here to watch the video


Advanced driving simulator

Sentury

The new VDS developed by McLaren Applied Technologies and MTS Systems Corporation can accommodate mechanical HIL technology, which offers the potential for real-time integration of difficult-to-model hardware – such as tires – directly into simulations

Click here to watch the video


The Jaguar XJ220 legend lives on

Sentury

Experts at Bridgestone and Don Law reveal more on the development regime behind the new bespoke XJ220 rubber

Click here to watch the video


News

Continental acquires remaining shares of Malaysian JV

Continental is expanding its operations in the Asia Pacific region, with the acquisition of Continental Sime Tyre Sdn. Bhd.

Sime Darby Allied Products Berhad, was a joint venture for Continental, who previously held a 70% stake in the Malaysian company. This acquisition sees the remaining 30% of shares being taken up by Continental. As a result, the Malaysian brand will now be renamed Continental Tyre Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. as it becomes a full subsidiary of Continental Corporation.

Malaysia is a key market for Conti, with the brand operating two manufacturing facilities in the region. The Petaling Jaya site produces truck and bus radials as well as OTR tires fro agricultural and industrial use. The site also houses a technology centre, which supplies it and the company’s second site at Alor Star.

Continental has had a presence in the Asia Pacific region since 1985, where it supplied instrument clusters for the Proton Saga, its growth in the region has seen it supplying major and local OEMs from its manufacturing facility in Prai, Penang.

 


Read Latest Issue

Read Latest Issue

Read Latest Issue

Web Exclusives

Goodyear to supply British Truck Racing Championship
Challenges tackled in truck race tire development could lead to the creation of advanced new road tire technologies
Read Now

Interview: Terry Gettys, executive VP of R&D, Michelin Group
The executive VP of R&D on how supplier collaborations are enhancing materials development and why confidentiality is important for business
Read Now

Original equipment development at Giti
Giti experts reveal how the company works in close collaboration with vehicle OEMs to develop bespoke original equipment rubber
Read Now

Conference interview: Mika Lahtinen, Nynas
The Nynas senior advisor and former Nokian Tyres winter tire expert reveals how environmental legislation has impacted on the production of popular tire oils
Read Now

Yokohama unveils iceGuard iG65
Extensive simulation has enabled the development of a special pin shape for improved on-ice performance
Read Now


Supplier Spotlight

Supplier SpotlightWe are building a list of leading suppliers covering all aspects of the tire industry. Want to see your company included? Contact olivia.campbell@ukimediaevents.com for more details.

فروشگاه اینترنتی فروشگاه اینترنتی سیستم همکاری در فروش کانال تلگرام چت روم دانلود فیلم فروشگظ;ه اینترنتی

Submit your industry opinion

Industry BlogDo you have an opinion you'd like to share with the tire technology community? We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the leading issues shaping the industry. Share your comments by sending up to 500 words to rachel.evans@ukimediaevents.com

Submit Your Recruitment Ad

Recruitment AdTo send us your recruitment advertising or to receive information on placing a banner please email olivia.campbell@ukimediaevents.com