GL Messtechnik GmbH
The German Company specializes in laser measurement systems for the tire industry. After more than 21 years of market experience with the Dr. Noll GmbH, Dr. Noll himself founded the new company GLM in 2015 and took over the knowledge of the industry, staff and existing systems. GLM stands for Geometry Laser Measurements and is focusing on laser measurements on finished tires. GLM’s sophisticated systems support tire developers, garages, car dealerships, R & D centers and quality control & testing institutions worldwide.
The product portfolio includes various products, all of which feature a uniform existing software which analyzes tires in various ways. The TriScan Tire is the most complex and precise system that GLM offers to the market. It operates with a point laser triangulation sensor and measures tread and sidewall including the rim flange. The Car Tire Scan uses sheet-of-light laser sensors for tread analysis which are taken directly on the car without demounting the tires. This System measures circumferential track profiles extremely fast with a high resolution. The newest and smallest invention of GLM is the portable Smart Scan 300, which is a handheld laser-assisted Profilometer and works on the basis of a Smartphone.
The established uniform base software solution for GLM’s various applications is available in different versions making measurements methods flexible and transferable. The most required functions for tire measurements and analyses are:
- 2D and 3D measurements of tires and rims
- Wear studies and estimated lifetime calculations (tire specific or project specific)
- Bead-to-bead cross sectional profiles showing crown radii, envelopes and maximum diameter on the contour
- Track specific heel and toe evaluation with frequency analysis
- Color scaled mapping of all circumferential tracks over the tire’s entire tread and 3D visualization
- Deformation inspection and recognition of dents and bulges
- Stud detection and height analysis