Website Continental AG
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
We are looking for a passionate ENGINEERING LEADER (m/f/diverse) for our central engineering team.
You are responsible for our core machinery tire building for passenger car, truck specialty tires. If you are passionate about newest technologies, automation of processes, digitalization and you like to work in an international environment with our 22 plants, then you are perfectly fitting to our team. New work styles and agile approaches are part of our DNA. If you are an electrical or mechanical engineer (m/f/diverse) with extended years’ experience in manufacturing and leadership roles, please read the detailed job description below.
What are your future tasks?
– Invent, develop, standardize, and implement with your team competitive tire manufacturing technology in the machine technology area of tire building
– Leading the central department of tire building with 10 directs and 27 indirect reports
– Handling of machine investment projects with a high double-digit millions of € per year
– Define and manage the maintenance and service strategy for the area to resolve major breakdowns in the plants and initiate solutions for our machines and processes to prevent issues in the future
– Initiate the technical standardization and implementation process of the equipment to the tire plants with the engineering department in the locations
– Manage and allocate the available resources to the needed activities & tasks to enable task fulfillment
– Lead and guide the team with technical expertise and feedback about performance to the individual team members
– Development of your team members and your organization
– Develop and manage a supplier portfolio to ensure the availability of competitive technologies with lowest, appropriate invest
Our Job Requirements to you?
You are a mechanical or electrical engineer (or equivalent) (m/f/diverse) with extended years of job experience in the manufacturing industry?
– You already have some leadership experiences within a team or a dedicated project team?
– You managed complex projects in an international environment?
– You are passionate and have a high level of ownership?
– You are fluent in English (written and spoken) and preferable German?
– You have a high level of intercultural sensitivity? (international assignment / stay abroad of the home country is preferred)
– You have a high level of empathy regarding international behaviors and constraints?
– You can combine mechanical robustness with high-tech like vision systems, high level of machine connectivity?
– You enjoy travelling for business reasons, approx. 20 – 25%
If you have a lot of matches, we are happy to receive your application.
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
To apply for this job please visit www.continental-jobs.com.